Thursday, April 3, 2014

I hope that April snow showers bring May flowers

I figured I'd write a quick update about what we've been up to since our trip to Hawaii.

We've been cold! January-March is one of the toughest times of the year 'round these parts. It's cold with a side of freezing! Luckily, I think we're almost to spring. The Rexburg wind is picking up and hopefully it will blow winter away without blowing us away! Skirts are dangerous to wear during this time of year.

Josh has been his usual charming self. He works hard and occasionally let's me beat him in rummy and Monopoly Deal. He's been doing some very impressive work at the BYU-Idaho Center. He wouldn't want me to brag too much, but he's really contributed a lot to the university. He continues to impress me with his cooking skills.

I'm mostly just trying to stay out of trouble. I'm enjoying my job and always finding ways to spend our money (haha, kidding - mostly). I've unsuccessfully tried out for two musicals and was only offered choral parts in both which has been disappointing. I'm counting down the days until it's warm enough for us to spend some time outside!

We have a couple of fun trips planned for the upcoming months. My brother, Tim, is coming home from his mission in just over a week! After spending a couple of weeks in Florida, he'll be heading to Boise for a couple of months to see family and try to make some money. So Josh and I will be driving up to Boise to spend time with my family.

In early May, my parents will be coming to visit us in Rexburg! We are so excited to have them come. Let's hope the weather behaves for them!

As soon as my parents leave, we'll be heading to Houston for a few days to spend time with Josh's family. It has been way too long since we've seen the Foster family, so we are really looking forward to our time with them.

Life is great!


No comments:

Post a Comment